What’s the big difference regarding a Log Cabin and a garden room?What’s the big difference regarding a Log Cabin and a garden room?
This is a genuinely excellent question together with over the path of this next blog I will aim to answer the question. One we can answer at Timberdise garden room
Is a log cabin a garden room or is a garden room unique? I suppose the easy explanation is they are each kind of the same thing but what makes them unique is the way they are created.
A log cabin is indeed a garden room,but they may not look the same as a traditional back garden room due to the cabins differentiating attribute that make it look a little separate to back garden room but they each do precisely the same thing. If you need more help visit Timberdise
Never get a log cabin or a garden room confused with a summer home,they are 2 very separate things. The major one is that a log cabin or back garden room has the capability to be used all year round whereas a summer home isn’t truly suitable for use all throughout the winter months. Sure,some people will use them in the winter months but in comparison to a log cabin or back garden room they are not in the same league.
So,our back garden rooms are presently in the design of a log cabin When you think about a garden room you think about the capability to have an extra room in the back garden that you can use for fairly much everything you want without having all the supplementary prices that comes with a normal home extension.
Rewards of a garden room or log cabin.
1. You never have to worry about planning authorization (in the majority of cases).
2. You never have to worry about building contractors working on your property for weeks possibly months until the work is complete.
3. There’s none of the clutter together with dirt.
4. Perhaps the most important factor of all is the price. A backyard garden room or log cabin is a fraction of the price together with time than a property extension.
5. The finished product is far more striking together with eye catching than your typical home extension.
The latest research suggests that incorporating a log cabin or back garden room to your property will boost the market value of your property. The common example is that a garden room or log cabin around ₤ 5k will add around ₤ 30k to your property. So not only are you acquiring a fantastic appearing addition to your property than can be used for more or less everything,you are also incorporating much may need market value to it as well.
So now that we’ve dealt with the foundations,let’s take a more detailed look at what is a log cabin together with what makes it a garden room.
1. Let’s look at the wall structures of a garden room because that is what they are,a log cabin is a specific design of a garden room. For one the wall structures of the cabin are thicker than your typical back garden building. Economy cabins start at a 19mm thick wall structure but when you go up to look at the superior cabins they start at 28mm,then they work their way up through 34mm,44mm together with the absolutely fabulous 70mm thick wall structures.
2. Timber is a natural insulator so the thicker the wood the better the protection you get. But what wood also is terrific at doing is deflecting heat. So in the winter months your cabin will hold in the heat very well together with in the summer season the thicker the wall structures the cooler the cabin will be. This is another factor why a log cabin is an excellent alternative to have as your option for your perfect back garden room. The way the logs are created is to have water tight joins that will keep your cabin completely dry with the insulation working effectively. The thickness of the wood also removes any need for any synthetic insulation on the wall structures,you simply never need it,thus saving you further money on wall structure insulation because the wood provides all you need.
3. Let’s next take a look at the doors together with windows. All cabins will come with single pain glass,but you have the alternative on all cabins to move up the windows together with doors to double glazed,which offers further insulation on the building. Also,when you opt for a cabin with wall structure thickness of 34mm or above you get an automatic door together with window move up so they are fitted with rubber seals to yet once again add to insulation of the building.
4. What about the floor together with roof? Cabins come with flooring together with roofing tongue together with groove boards of 14mm,but once again when you move up to a cabin with wall structures of 34mm or above you will get an automatic move up for the floor together with roof to 19mm thickness which once again incorporates to the insulation of the back garden room.
Contact us at Timberdise garden room